BEVA is renowned for the excellence of its CPD programmes, not only for the calibre and expertise of the speakers but also for the practical application of the courses. The broad range of topics is aimed at busy vets who need to build CPD points, whether new graduates, equine or mixed practitioners.
“Last year we were able to capitalise on some efficiencies in other areas of BEVA operations, said David Mountford, Chief Executive of BEVA. “We are delighted to be able to hand the resulting benefits directly back to our members across all our CPD programme during 2013.”
BEVA’s comprehensive CPD programme is improved each year in response to the needs of the delegates and takes the form of clinical workshops, regional meetings, nursing meetings, webinars and one, two and three day practical courses, held in the UK.
This year’s courses include:
• Clinical Governance Workshop(July)
Improve clinical standards and outcomes and unwind with activities and dinner!
• Pre-Purchase Examination Core Skills Workshop (July and November)
Get to grips with the Pre-Purchase Exam – essential for all practitioners
• Challenges of Working at Eventing Competitions (August)
How to deal with difficult situations at competitions
• Joint BEVA/BVDA Advanced Theoretical Equine Dental Technicians Course (August)
Essential for prospective EDTs and a refresher for anyone who sees equine dental cases
• Disorders of the Upper Airway Core Skills Workshop (September)
New for 2013 – a practical guide from initial diagnosis to treatments
• Out of Hours Equine Emergencies for Mixed Practitioners (October)
Requested by our members - who better to learn from than the equine experts?
• Modern Equine Dentistry Course for Veterinary Surgeons (October)
Increase your interest, expertise and turnover of equine dental cases
• Equine Wound Management (October)
Cuts, gashes, grazes and grafts
• Foot and Farriery (October)
Foot related problems from a farrier’s and vet’s perspective
• AI Refresher (November)
An update on AI developments and a requirement of the BEVA Approved AI Practice list
• Practical Equine Surgery (November)
Expert practical tuition for common equine surgical procedures
• Synovial sepsis (November)
New for 2013 – learn how to assess and manage synovial fluid disorders
• Neck, Back & Pelvic Problems in the Horse (December)
The very latest ideas on aetiology, identification, treatment and prognosis of common problems
Check out the CPD calendar on the BEVA website.
For more details and
to book, at http://www.beva.org.uk/news-and-events/beva-courses or
call the office on +44(0)1638 723555 or
Further information from: